WHAT IS COMMUNICATION?
Communication is this:
Having the ability to express so much in so few words is effective communication.
Throughout this training, you will learn to communicate more and better.
The process of communication is what allows us to interact with other people; without it, we would be unable to share knowledge or experiences with anything outside of ourselves. Common forms of communication include speaking, writing, gestures, touch and broadcasting. (Wikipedia definition)
PROCESS OF COMMUNICATION
Communication is the process of sending and receiving information among people
Meaning and definition
Effective Communication is a two way process – sending the right message and to the right person. It is important to know the psychology of the people you are interacting with for communication to be effective. For communication to be effective it is necessary to know the circumstances of the counter entity. Effective communication includes all the aspects of visual, auditory and kinaesthetic language to appeal the listener.
“Effective communication is the communication which produces intended or desired result”
Uses of effective communication
- Effective communication helps to understand a person or situation in a better way.
- It enables us to solve the differences, build trust and respect in the organization.
- Sometimes our message is misunderstood or we misunderstand the received message, effective communication helps us to resolve problems with both’s point of view.
- Effective communication helps us to connect well with kids, spouse, boss, colleagues, etc.
- It helps us in decision making
The 7c’s of effective communication
The Importance of Communication Skills
Individuals need to communicate. We are social beings who “nurture” ourselves from the relationships we have with others. It is not easy to have healthy relationships with the environment and communication is the key to approach or distance between people. Who has never had an argument with another person? Who has not been angry with a friend because of an inappropriate phrase? Conflicts or anger are the product of inefficient communication. The absence of communication is also a distancing factor. Likewise, communication is the tool that enables the rapprochement between people.
If we think about our professional life, we also discover in communication a great ally to get a good job, learn, promote, have better relationships with coworkers, undertake, convince, get and retain customers, prevent and manage conflicts, etc.
It is incredible how important it is to know how to communicate both in personal and professional life. Who communicates effectively is happier, develops better relationships and has a better chance of success in achieving their goals?
You may wonder, what do you have to do to learn to communicate better? Good question. Whoever wants to improve their communication skills should pay attention to these aspects:
- You must reflect on your personal characteristics, your environment and your communicative experiences.
- What messages does it transmit? How is your verbal communication (vocabulary, arguments, etc.)?
- How it transmits it. The verbal message is highly conditioned by the way of transmitting; gestures, postures, looks or silences can change the meaning of the message.