- Factor #5: Feeling of exclusion from the group (classmates)
|To give participants a chance to voice their needs during lessons|
This activity takes place all through classes as soon as it is introduced. The facilitator hangs up a poster with three sections, called parking spaces. They are color-coded as the traffic light to show urgency of question or need.
Always during lessons.
- Poster with car park;
- Post-its or paper;
Description of the activity:
- Put up car park poster. Put post-its and pens next to it. Explain the meaning of the colour codes.
- The red space means: “I need an answer to my problem right away”.
- The yellow space means: “Could I please get an answer as soon as it is possible”.
- The green space means: “Please answer my request by the end of the day”.
- Whenever a participant wants to speak up but is not sure when there is the right time for it, they can write their question, need or wish on a post-it and stick it into the space according to their urgency.
- The facilitator sees immediately how soon s/he needs to react.