- Factor #2: Discrimination on the basis of ethnicity or religion
|To give the participants the possibility to think about their own culture and to learn about other people’s culture|
The language educator can adjust it depending on the number of participants.
Description of the activity:
- Identify 5 elements of your own ethnic culture, which you think may be distinctive or different to some other cultures. Display or describe these. Pick your own cultural elements, but to start your thinking, some elements of culture are:
- Meeting/ greeting/ farewells
- Food/ meals/ eating
- Signifying dissent or disagreement
- The use of time, perhaps keeping an appointment at 10.00am
- The family or the extent to which the family can/ does intrude into work.
- Display and describe how the cultural elements might be / might have been different for your grandparents’ generation.